Park Shelter ReservationsWhether you are planning a small gathering, a reception, a business function or family picnic, Roseville has a facility for you. Four Central Park shelters are available for rental April 15-October 15. Each location includes kitchen facilities and many other park amenities. The playground near the Foundation Shelter will be under construction and may not be available starting April 15 and is planned to be completed around June 15.
We will start taking 2021 Outdoor Picnic Shelter reservations on March 4.
Starting March 4, Reservations will be taken in the following order:
1) March 4 from 8 am – 11 am, we will take in person rentals for Roseville residents and returning rental groups at the north entrance of the Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive (corner of Lexington Avenue and County Road C). You will be asked to queue and take a number. Numbers/Sign in sheet will be available at 7:45 am on March 4 – on a first come first serve basis. After you grab your number and provide contact info you will be asked to wait in your vehicle or outside. At 8 am we will call in the first 8 on the list and will be served in the banquet facilities at the Skating Center. After the initial 8 we will have large sign with the next numbers we will be serving. To speed up the process please have the Shelter Rental Agreement Form filled out before you are called, we will have paper copies available on March 4.
- Returning groups are customers who have rented the Roseville picnic shelters in either 2019 or 2020. Groups that canceled in 2020, that are not Roseville residents, and refunded their fees to their Parks and Rec account qualify to reschedule during this time frame.
- Individuals looking for a contact free option, can show up and sign in (take a number) and leave us with your phone number to call back. Please be aware if you do not answer our initial call back you will likely move down the priority list. You will also need to pay with a card over the phone, we accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
2) At 1 pm on March 4 we will switch to taking all reservations over the phone and will allow reservations for both Roseville and non-Roseville residents. Any voicemails left before 1 pm wanting to reserve will not be prioritized and may take up to 24 hours to return your call.
3) On Monday, March 8, we will open up our new online reservation system-allowing customers to book and pay for their reservation through our ACTIVE Network portal.The 2021 Shelter Brochure, Shelter Rental Agreement Form and Shelter Reservation Policy Brochure can all be accessed here.
**This year, every rental will be asked to fill out, sign, and return our COVID-19 Waiver acknowledging our current facility capacity restrictions and policies.
If you are looking to have a special activity or event during your reservation, please see either the 2021 Special Use Permit or the 2021 5K Special Use Permit. Due to COVID-19 we have restricted event capacities, may not allow items such as dunk tanks/inflatables, and will require additional information such as a detailed safety plan.
COVID-19 Gathering Resources
Minnesota's Stay Safe Plan
Requirements for Celebrations and Significant Life Events
Get More Information
Contact the Parks and Recreation office at 651-792-7006, or email Parks and Recreation with questions about a facility rental.
You can access each of these Central Park shelters' information and a list of dates when facilities are unavailable due to existing reservations: