1. Download and complete the following forms:
State of Minnesota Application Form
City of Roseville Application Form (not required for 3.2 liquor license)
State Tax Identification Form
Proof of Worker's Compensation Form
2. Send your license fees, along with all required State and City forms to:
City of Roseville
Finance Department, License Division
2660 Civic Center Drive
Roseville, MN 55113
- Make sure to include any other required attachments such as plat plans, partnership agreements, certificates of trade name, articles of incorporation, and association agreements.
- For On-Sale Sunday Intoxicating Licenses, a $500.00 deposit may be submitted at the time of application, and the remainder paid at the time of the second council meeting.
- You must include a copy of your insurance accord. This accord must cover the entire calendar year and include the Roseville address.
3. Upon receipt of the necessary information and funds, the City will take the application to the City Council to set a public hearing. The notice for a public hearing will then be posted at City Hall, and in the City's official newspaper.
4. While the application is going before Council, a background check will be done on the owners and managers of the establishment.
5. A public hearing will be held at the next available council meeting, and the license will either be approved, denied, or tabled for later review. It is recommended, but not required, that an establishment representative be present for the public hearing.
6. If the City Council approves the license, the State application will be signed and forwarded to the State, and a City license will be sent out to the establishment. If the license does not get approved, the City will contact you regarding the application.
7. In addition, the establishment must also separately apply for a Buyer's Card with the State of Minnesota.
8. Train employees to be in compliance with Roseville ordinances applying to the sale and serving of alcoholic beverages. The Roseville Police Department believes that Manager & Server Training is the only responsible option regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages. City Council Meetings are usually held on Mondays.
Please allow 60 days for the completion of the application process.
For questions regarding liquor licenses, please contact the Finance Department.