NOTE: The City Hall Parking lot is currently under construction through November 2019, and there are a limited number of parking spaces available.
Online Permits: Now Available!
The City of Roseville has an online permitting system for your convenience. After creating a free user account, residents and contractors can apply for permits and city contractor licenses, pay fees online, and get email updates of review progress and permit issuance. Follow the link below to get started!
Roseville's Permits and Inspections Division ensures that public safety and health standards related to building construction and land use are maintained for the general welfare of the community. This provides safety for everyone through proper construction methods and maintains neighborhood livability and property values.
Commercial permits require a minimum of 10 business days for staff review.
2019 Fee Changes:
Commercial Plumbing: $61.00 plus 1.28% of job value. Plan Review Fee - 65% of permit fee.
Permits can be applied for using the Online Permit System
- Apply in person at the Community Development Department front counter
- Mail applications to our office
Examples of residential permits which may not involve plan review:
- Window Replacement (with no header size change)
- Electrical - residential and commercial
- Contractor License Application
- Lead Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program
- Licensed Tree Trimming and Removal Contractors
- List of Ineligible Contractors (Responsible MN)
- Residential New Construction Energy Code Compliance Certificate
- Residential Shed Information Sheet
- Permit Information Request
- Residential Electrical Permit Checklist
- Special Inspections and Testing Agreement Form
- Demolition Permit Application Process